- Backed by McAfee’s award-winning Global Threat Intelligence Network, BT Virus Protect scans in real-time for malicious code in apps, SD cards and files in order to safeguard your most personal and confidential information from risky apps and prying eyes.
- Actively checks web pages in real-time to ensure your web surfing is safe. If it detects something suspicious, it warns you when visiting the site. It also blocks potential phishing sites, browser exploits, and malicious links within text messages, email and social networking sites.
- Allows you to block nuisance or unwanted calls to your mobile phone.
- You can lock apps for added security using a 6-digit PIN - securing them from being accessed by children or other people using your phone or tablet.
- Remotely take a snapshot photo of the person holding your lost device and receive an email with the photo along with the device location. It automatically saves the last location of your device before the battery runs out. You can even create a customised lock screen message with your contact details to facilitate the safe return of your device.
- Take control and protect your device remotely. If your device is lost or stolen you can activate an alarm to locate your phone and keep your personal data safe by locking or wiping all contacts, photos, calendars, text messages, browsing history and saved information.
- Optimise your device's performance using optimisation tools to stop battery drainage, and use its memory clean-up facility to free up storage space or track apps consuming data.
- Get a warning if you connect to an unsecure Wi-Fi network and automatically disconnect if it detects people are watching on your internet traffic.
- All of the above and more in an Ad-free app environment.
For more info, go to www.bt.com/virus-protect or for help go to http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57298/c/7338,8064,8065
If you have an issue contact BT Care team via email: www.bt.com/contact
- Call, SMS Blocker, and SMS restore are not available for devices running Android 4.4 (KitKat) and above. Local or International SMS fees when you use certain antivirus security features
- Android 5.1.1 or Android 6.0 users must grant accessibility for McAfee Mobile Security to enable Widget, App Lock, App Profile
- This app uses the Device Administrator permission